GIS CONSULTING & ADVISORY SERVICES
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) provides tools, processes and output that are key to supporting the decision making process and operations across the entire organization. DASS Geospatial Limited assists clients in leveraging the capabilities of GIS and related technologies. Our GIS Consulting and Advisory services are as follow;
- GIS Design and Implementation: We provide advisory services in Enterprise GIS adoption including GIS project design, planning and management, clients’ needs analysis, ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and Server implementation, GPS etc.
- Database Development: Adequate data is key to a successful enterprise GIS. To this end, we provide database design and development services, including data needs analysis, database design, data conversion, database population and management.
- Spatial Analysis: Our spatial analytic services aimed at supporting organizational decision making include site analysis (land use/land cover analysis, Land use and terrain modeling, 3D visualization, cut and fill estimation etc), Scenario/predictive modeling etc. GIS analysis helps to discover the inherent pattern in your data, thereby understanding the patterns in the distribution of things across geographic space.
- Remote Sensing: We assist clients unleash the enormous power of Remote Sensing in day to day decision making. Our services include imagery acquisition, image processing and image analysis (change detection and land cover classification) feature extraction etc.
- Land Information Systems: We provide services in the design and implementation of land information systems including the inventory of land parcel records, creation and management of building footprints and the development of land information systems for cities and other areal units.
- Training and Capacity Building in the use of GIS products including ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS for Server and Global Positioning Systems (GPS), digital cartography etc.
MAPPING & CARTOGRAPHIC SERVICES
- Mapping: We provide a range of mapping services designed to collect spatial data in the field, create new maps or update existing ones. Our services include;
- Topographic Mapping
- Map Updating and Review
- Asset Mapping
- Point of Interest Mapping etc
- Cartography: We produce different kinds of presentation quality digital and hardcopy maps to meet different project/decision-making needs of clients. Our maps are optimized for digital, print and web media and include; location maps, wall maps, road/travel maps, project basemaps, relief maps, 3D Maps, atlas maps etc. Our maps can be customized to meet the requirements of clients in many ways;
We also produce specialized maps such as;
- Client’s data may be incorporated into maps,
- Map size and scale can vary with client need.
- Client’s specific information such as logo, address e.t.c. may be incorporated into maps.
- Our maps can be printed on various medium such as paper, flex materials, transparencies etc.
- Environmental Sensitivity Index (ESI) Maps,
- Land Use/Land Cover Maps,
- Flood Risk Maps,
- Disaster/Vulnerability Maps
- Utility Asset Maps, and
- Sales Territory Maps etc.
LOCATION INTELLIGENCE FOR BUSINESS
Business operations takes place in geographic space. Hence, businesses requires the “where” or “location” factor to optimize decision making. This is because location – office or store, customers address, competitor, sales territory, delivery route, administrative units etc. is a central factor in business operations.
Location Intelligence integrates location data into existing business intelligence applications to reveal geographic relationships and patterns that will otherwise be undetectable in traditional business enterprise applications. Traditional business intelligence applications answers the “who”, “what” and “when” questions while location intelligence provides Gethe data, tools and processes for taking account of the “where” factor in business decision making.
DASS Geospatial Limited provides a range of services that empowers businesses to utilize the location advantage in business matrices analysis and decision optimization, namely:
- Location Intelligence Strategy Implementation – The location intelligence needs of business vary with business type and scales. We assess the needs of each business towards implementing the appropriate location intelligence configuration. We also provide services in integration location data with existing organizational business data.
- Asset Mapping – Key business assets such as branch networks, customers, prospects, competitors, sales areas, supply chains, delivery routes etc, are mapped and integrated into existing organizational data.
- Location Analytics – We help turn business data equipped with locational attributes (spatial awareness) into decision support tools, through data visualization, analysis and prediction of potential outcomes.
Location intelligence has proved to be useful for business across the spectrum of operations. Some of these applications are as follows;
- Visualization of data by representing it in map format. This generates spatial pattern and relationships. e.g. distribution of existing customers or branch network.
- Analysis – map driven analysis of business data gives new insight into business metrics and provide new answers to decision makers.
- Prediction – data analysis is carried further to forecast business metrics in space-time dimensions. Such repetitive scenario building operations helps to improve business decision making.
- Sales territory delineation and optimization,
- Selection of locations for stores and branch networks,
- Customer mapping,
- Competitor mapping and analysis,
- Market analysis and market share estimation,
- Customer segmentation and profiling,
- Targeted marketing,
- Sales force management,
- Sales analysis in a geographic context,
- Market research,
- Identifying areas of growth and new business opportunities,
- Fleet management and asset tracking logistics and
- Supply chain management.
Geographic datasets describing the location and distribution of real world objects such as roads, landmarks and land covers constitutes the livewire of GIS. We produce and maintain digital datasets for the entire country. Our spatial digital datasets include road network and point of interest datasets covering most parts of Nigeria. The datasets are ideal for applications such as;
- Fleet tracking
- Assets location
- Map production etc.